Romanian Society of Osteoporosis and Musculoskeletal Diseases
SROBMS is a non-governmental, non-profit, national multi-disciplinary professional organization aimed to provide their members all the information and skills necessary for a good clinical practice in osteoporosis and other metabolic bone diseases. SROBMS provides a forum for the communication and exchange of current ideas concerning pathophysiology, diagnosis, prevention, treatment and management of osteoporosis and other metabolic bone and musculoskeletal diseases.
The main purpose of the association is to create the organizational framework that will allow health professionals from various medical fields to globally approach the issues of osteoporosis and those of musculoskeletal diseases, from the fundamental research, prevention and treatment of the diseases to a coherent management at national level.
The main objectives and activities developed by the Romanian Society of Osteoporosis and Musculoskeletal Diseases (SROBMS) are:
SCIENTIFIC AND MEDICAL
• Official position in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis (Guide for Medical Practice)
• Official position in using bone densitometry in the clinical practice (Guide for Medical Practice)
• Official position in the clinical use of biochemical markers of bone turnover (Guide for Medical Practice)
• Continuous medical education in bone and mineral biology, osteoporosis, other metabolic bone diseases, rare bone diseases and bone densitometry
• Certified courses of osteoporosis and metabolic bone diseases
• Certified bone densitometry courses
• Bone densitometers accreditation
• Assistance for development of doctoral theses in the field
• Development of national and international research projects
• Support and assistance for the development of national health programs
• National registers for osteoporosis, osteoporotic fractures, metabolic bone diseases
• Symposiums, congresses
• For the associations of patients with osteoporosis
• For public health officials, health ministry etc.
• Social Media
• Media interventions
• Parliamentary health committee level
• Health ministry
• Public health authorities
We also aim to provide additional benefits regarding:
• Access to exclusive resources, including research papers, journals, and relevant industry reports.
• Discounts on events, including conferences, seminars, and various training workshops.
• Networking opportunities with other healthcare professionals in the field.
• Professional development opportunities.
25 Years of Operation
SROBMS was launched in 1998 and since then is a full member of The International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF). The actual society is the follower of the first Romanian osteoporosis organization called Romanian Bone Club, founded in 1993. SROBMS was founded by a small group of enthusiasts from different specialties lead by Dr. Daniel Grigorie, a renown Romanian endocrinologist.
We’re proud of our activity. Romanian Society of Osteoporosis and Musculoskeletal Disorders provided several landmark contributions related to Romanian osteoporosis and parathyroid pathology since it was founded.
• The development of the Romanian FRAX model (2011), in collaboration with IOF
• Epidemiology of hip fracture at the national level in the last decade (2008-2018)
• Epidemiology of vitamin D in a large cohort of osteoporosis patients
• FRAX – based diagnostic and intervention thresholds in Romania
• Peculiarities of primary hyperparathyroidism in Romania
• Genetic screening in a family with HPT- JT syndrome
• Supplementation with vitamin D in osteoporosis and primary hyperparathyroidism
• The concept of musculoskeletal disorders
• Defining thresholds of physical performance tests on Romanian patients with osteoporosis
• Denosumab in the treatment of primary hyperparathyroidism (2014)
• The role of TBS in predicting fracture in primary hyperparathyroidism
• Defining high and very high risk with the Romanian FRAX model